- About us
- Visas and Citizenship
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia-Pakistan relationship
- Development cooperation
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Study in Australia
Australia is proud of the quality of its education and training. In 2005, over 340,000 international students were enrolled in Australian institutions. Of these, around 1,626 were Pakistani students, studying mainly in the fields of post-graduate studies. Students from all over the world come to Australia to take advantage of its world-class higher education, its progressive vocational education and training, its excellent schools and its world leadership in English language courses for international students. These students enjoy not only our high quality courses of study, but also our specialist support services and our safe and welcoming society.
The internationalisation of Australian education and training has been occurring at a rapid rate. Linkages between Australian and overseas schools, universities and colleges, and linkages and exchange between individual students and staff have blossomed .The Australian Department of Education, Science & Training is represented in Pakistan at the Australian High Commission in Islamabad. Our role is to enhance the international education links between Australia & Pakistan and provide information about the Australian education system to students interested in the opportunities available in Australia.
In particular, we:
• liaise with the Government of Pakistan on issues of bilateral significance in the area of education, science and training, so as to increase mutual understanding in these areas and contribute to strong relations between both countries
• work closely with education communities in both countries and foster alliances between education institutions in Australia and Pakistan
• provide objective information to students and promote Australian education and training to students who are considering studying in Australia at our office in Islamabad
• work closely with the Australian Education Representatives in Pakistan, to ensure that Australian agents provide the best service to Pakistani students.